Exceptional attention to detail and highly skilled handiwork, define Elisabeth Koch Millinery.
Though her technique is rooted in tradition, Koch is revolutionizing head-wear in both black tie/cocktail and party/race wear. Established in 2007 and located in Beijing, the Elisabeth Koch Millinery studio is at once a showroom, atelier and shop. Koch herself works with each client to identify their desires and determine their needs. The luxurious nature of her handiwork is immediately recognizable.
Elisabeth Koch Millinery in the Press
Koch’s creations are featured in high fashion publications around the world. Editors and photographers such as Mario Testino, Sebastian Kim, Joe Lally, Justin Cooper and David Burton, stylists like Anastasia Barbieri, Charles Varenne, Havana Lafitte, Beat Bolliger and art director Steven Klein use Koch’s creations in today’s culture-making editorial layouts. From International Vogue magazines to the prestigious Harpers Bazaar, Numero, Madame Figaro, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, Tatler, ELLE, SELF, GQ and many more.
Many on-line magazines, bloggers and newspapers/channels (CNN, CCTV, New York Times, Forbes, Hurun Report) have also noticed Koch’s amazing pieces, giving Koch lots of publicity and attention. Please view her portfolio.
COVERS include: Vogue, Harper‘s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar Jewelry, SELF, Surface, Supplementaire UK, Good Housekeeping, Trading Up, Comfort, Golf Tatler, China Gems & LifeStyle
Koch’s hats have been featured in the following movies:
How it Ended worn by Debra Winger (2011)
If You Were the One 2 (Fei Cheng Wu Ruo 2, 非诚勿扰 2) worn by Yao Chen (2010)
The Message (Feng Sheng, 风声) worn by Li BingBing & Zhou Xun (2009)
Elisabeth Koch Millinery on Celebrities
Stella McCartney, Sir Paul Smith, Keren Craig & Georgina Chapman (of Marchesa), HRH Queen Maxima of the Netherlands and many more minor royals. Zhang ZiYi (Actress in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon & Memoires of a Geisha), Zhou Xun (actress), Yao Chen (Actress), Na Ying (Singer), Zhang YuQi (Actress), Li XinJie (Actress), Shu Qi (Actress), Li BingBing (Actress), Elva Hsiao (Taiwanese singer), Wang LuoDan (Actress), Lin ZhiLing (Taiwanese actress/model), Bai BaiHe (Actress), Miao Pu (Actress), Song Jia (Actress), Ruby Lin (Taiwanese actress), An YiXuan (Actress), Chen Hao (Actress), Mo WanDan (Model), Lv Yan (Model/actress), He Sui (Victoria's Secret Model), Sun FeiFei (Victoria's Secret Model) and model Hailey Clauson.
- Winner Best Fashion Designer, City Weekend People's Choice Awards 2016
- Winner Best Fashion Designer, City Weekend People's Choice Awards 2015
- Winner WOW Fashion Award, 2014
- Winner Best Hats, Hurun Report 2013
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 finalist, British Business Awards, Shanghai
- Winner of the 2012 Hatty Award, UK
- One of two designers chosen to be promoted by Swarovski & Ogilvy for 2011
- Hats ‘Highly Commended’ in the Queen’s Hat Ascot Competition UK, 2010
- Voted #1 Accessories Shop by Time Out Magazine, 2010
- Voted one of China’s 100 most influential women by Insider Magazine, 2009
- Invited to give TEDxYouth Talk at Beijing No.2 Middle School, 2015
- Invited to give TEDx Talk at UCCA 798, 2015
- Featured at Beijing Design Week, 2014
- Featured at The Hub Trade Show, Hong Kong, 2014
- Hats featured at the 21st China International Clothing & Accessories Fair (CHIC 2013)
- Appointed Creative Director / Chief Designer at Hatter's Hub, Oct 2012
- Hats featured at the 1st & 2nd Suzhou Art & Design Fair, 2012 & 2013
- Fashion shows every 6 months
- Worked in collaboration with Vogue, Cartier, Harper’s Bazaar, Ritz Carlton, InterContinental, REISS, Swarovski, Volvo, WWF, Shanghai Tang, Opposite House, Park Hyatt & Quintessentially
- Hats and interviews in hundreds of magazines (Chinese & international)
- Hats featured at the Business of Design Week in Hong Kong, 2008
- Graduated from the Wombourne School of Millinery (UK) in 2007